Hooters of America, LLC (“Hooters”) is committed to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website, www.hooters.com, including mobile versions of our website (“Sites”), and users of our mobile device application, the Hoot Club (“Mobile App”).
We are based in the United States and do not own or operate any Hooters locations outside of the United States. This site is intended for U.S. audiences only. We do not knowingly collect any personal information of European Union (“EU”) residents or residents of other countries outside the United States. If you reside outside the United States and provide personal information, you agree that the personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States. The laws that apply to the use and protection of personal information in the United States may be different than the laws and protections in your country.
By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, do not use the Site.
1. The Personal Information We Collect
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our relationship with you (“Personal Information”). Some examples of Personal Information we may collect include:
We collect information you give us.
- Contact Information (such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Information you provide in the context of one of Hooters’ Club memberships (such as favorite Hooters location and your birthday);
- Payment information (such as your payment card details, financial account information, security codes, and billing address);
- Purchase history (i.e., for Hoot Club members signed up for rewards, who provide purchase information via scanning restaurant receipts);
- Information provided in an online job application (such as information about your education and work history and past salaries), or in a franchisee application;
- Information provided by you in conjunction with an online sweepstakes entry, a survey, or a promotion;
- Other personal information you may provide to us (including photographs).
We collect information through automated methods.
Also, when you visit our Sites or Mobile App, we may collect certain information via automated means (such as cookies, web beacons, and server log files).
For example, our systems may collect information about the following:
- your activity on the Sites and Mobile App (i.e., pages you visit, address of a referring website (if any), identifiers for your mobile device, and Internet Protocol (IP) address)
- type of mobile device and its settings
- geolocation and current location (if you do not turn off GPS locator on your phone)
- communications to us or regarding us on social media
- other automatically gathered information when you interact with our Sites or App
We may use this automatically-collected information to help tailor the ads you may see on the Sites and the messaging on the Mobile App. Further, we use this information to operate, maintain, and manage our Sites and Mobile App.
For most mobile devices and computer systems, you are able to withdraw your permission for us to collect this information by using the device or web-browser settings. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive certain types of cookies, and you can also set your browser to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note that if you do restrict or disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our Sites and Mobile App.
2. How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the products and services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding offers, special events, promotions, and sweepstakes;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you;
- Fulfill your online orders in conjunction with delivery service providers;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Locate your nearest Hooters and take/process online food orders;
- Create and manage a Hooters Club membership;
- Evaluate job applications and respond to your inquiries into potential employment;
- Evaluate franchisee applications;
- Respond to your requests, questions, and/or comments;
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, and trend analyses);
- Maintain, manage, and improve our products, marketing, and services.
3. Personal Information We Share With Others
Hooters does not sell your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties.
Hooters may share your Personal Information with non-HOA companies that perform services on our behalf, as necessary for them to perform those services. HOA requires those non-HOA companies to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law. Further, Hooters may share information collected by cookies and other automated means with sites you link to from the Sites or Mobile App, or social media providers (such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+) that you visit by clicking through from our Sites or Mobile App. Please note that while Hooters does not capture or store your login information or any other personally identifiable information for Twitter, Facebook, and other social networks, their websites may store session information or cookies on your computer or wireless phone.
In Other Circumstances: Other than as noted above, we may provide Personal Information to non-HOA companies or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Complying with court orders and other legal processes;
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Selling HOA Companies’ assets, or in process of arranging for the dissolution of the HOA Companies through bankruptcy; or
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights.
4. Anonymous & Aggregate Information
Hooters also collects some Personal Information on an anonymous basis, and/or anonymizes the Personal Information we collect about you. We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups. When we employ non-HOA companies to anonymize or aggregate data on our behalf, Hooters requires those non-HOA companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy. We may share aggregate or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-HOA companies, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
The Sites are not designed to attract children under the age of 13, and the Mobile App is designed to be used only by persons above 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a visitor under the age of 13, we will delete the information from our records. A child’s parent or legal guardian can request that Personal Information of their child be deleted from our records, if it has not been already. To make such a request, please contact us at the contact points provided below.
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take reasonable steps to help ensure the privacy and security of your Personal Information. We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Hooters. We require non-HOA companies acting on our behalf to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law.
However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Sites is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that Hooters makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of any of our Sites is protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities.
There are several measures you can take to protect your Personal Information. One option is simply not to volunteer it to us. The Federal Trade Commission’s site, www.ftc.gov, also offers useful information about how to protect personally-identifiable information provided online or through mobile applications.
7. Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to sites or to social media providers that are not operated by Hooters. If you visit one of these linked sites, or access social media from our Sites or Mobile App, you should review the privacy and other policies of those other sites.
Please note that several third-party sites have limited licenses to use Hooters’ trademarks, but that those sites are not operated by Hooters. For example, there are independent companies who sell Hooters-branded products, process Hooters job applications, take entries into Hooters sweepstakes, and/or sell Hooters gift cards. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies, and any personal information you submit to those companies online is subject to their websites’ privacy policies, which we encourage you to review.
8. Social Media and Personal Information
Hooters uses a variety of new technologies and social media options to communicate and interact with consumers, and has links to certain social media provider available on its Sites and Mobile App. When interacting with the Hooters presence on those websites, you may reveal certain Personal Information to Hooters or to third parties. Except when used by a Hooters employee for the purpose of responding to a specific message or request, Hooters will not use, share, or retain your Personal Information. The privacy policies of the social media providers will control any personal information you provide on those sites.
9. Notice to California Residents
Subject to certain limits under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. We will provide a list of the categories of Personal Data disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of these third parties.
We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
10. Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows consumers to direct certain businesses not to sell their personally identifiable information collected on a business’s website or other online service to third parties to license or sell that information to additional third parties. If you are a Nevada resident, you may submit such opt-out requests by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be effective, your request must include your full name, address, phone number, and email address to verify the authenticity of your request.
11. Accessing, Changing, Or Suppressing Your Personal Data
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you can contact us at email@example.com, or by mail:
Privacy at Hooters
Attn: Legal Department
1815 The Exchange
Atlanta, GA 30339
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, within thirty (30) days.
12. Your Consent
This Policy may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page. By continuing to use the Sites, you consent to any changes in this Policy. This Policy was last modified on 05/10/19.
14. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, you may contact us using the information below.
Privacy at Hooters
Attn: Legal Department
1815 The Exchange
Atlanta, GA 30339
When contacting us, so that we can respond, please include your full name and the contact information for your preferred mode of contact (mail, email, or phone), and please describe the specific nature of your request.